Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Soup Spoon @ Tiong Bahru Plaza



I had a bad experience once at The Soup Spoon a long time ago and have shunned the restaurant since. I can't remember what I had but it was some mushroom thing that seemed too mushy to be considered soup to me. But I've been reading very good reviews from other people about it, and I've been craving for some comforting soup so I decided to give the place another chance.

Was walking around Tiong Bahru Plaza and I saw that they had opened up a new branch there, awesome!




I'm glad I decided to give this place a second chance cos this soup hit the spot! Served piping hot, it was rich and creamy but didn't feel too oily or anything. And I think a less messy way to eat it would be to just remove the pastry lid, cut it up and dip into the soup, yum!
Although it doesn't seem like a very fulfilling meal, I thought it was actually pretty filling. Served with a side of mesclun salad with a tangy saucy and a glass of iced tea, the set cost about $11.

Can't wait to go back, next I want to try the French Onion Soup, I hope I won't be disappointed.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter