Monday, August 8, 2011

Cafe Le Caire @ Haji Lane

After 24 years of living in Singapore, I visited Haji Lane for the first time last week! And it was also the first time I tried falafel for the first time, so yeah as you can see it was a pretty exciting day for me.

We decided that since we were going over to Haji Lane we might as well go to Cafe Le Caire since it had received some pretty good reviews.


There was no one when we visited on a Monday afternoon. We chose to sit at one of the tables outside, as it was a pretty hot day, not unusual for Singapore, I really wish there was some air conditioning!
Hummus with grilled lamb, served with Arabic bread.
Falafel sandwich.

Only after we ordered did we realize we had ordered too much food made from ground chickpeas lol. But I did quite enjoy both the hummus and falafel sandwich. I wouldn't say I'm a fan of it now, but it was nice to try some ~exotic~ cuisine. If I were a vegetarian, I would probably eat this all the time, a great alternative to the usual greens.

After lunch, we walked down Haji Lane which was lined with many cute little shops. One shop I really liked was Fabulous Fads. It featured many items from British and European designers. They had some really expensive items that cost a couple hundred but also many cute stuff that were less than $100.


The upstairs area of the shop.


I got this cool Punkyfish top for $40!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter