Sunday, February 20, 2011

Taste Paradise @ ION

This is one of my 2 favourite places for dim sum, the other one being East Ocean Teochew Restaurant. However today, we were there for the Peking duck. But you can't go to a dim sum place and not order dim sum can you so we ordered 3. The waiter's reaction was ''Only 3?!'' like 'HDU sit in here and only order 3 plates of dim sum!' When told that we had already ordered half a Peking duck, she was like oh and flounced off. RUDE.


Random picture of table setting taken to pass time while waiting for food.
Chrysanthemum tea.
Mango Prawns. Unlike East Ocean, where they give you mayo to dip it in, Taste Paradise's mango prawns come with mayo already under the layer of batter.
Egg custard buns. This is the best I have ever had! I love it! I was expecting it to be sweet but it actually had a bit of a salty taste to it, like a salted egg. The custard was nice and gooey without being too runny and oozed out of the bun when you bit into it. I can't get enough of it.

We had the XO carrot cake as well but I forgot to take a photo. It wasn't particularly good anyway, I don't know why they always recommend it.




Finally, the dish we had been waiting for.

We were practically drooling as we listened to the crackling sound of the crispy skin as the server expertly cut up the duck at our table side.


Peking duck with a side of prawn crackers.
 I am in love with this. The skin had a nice flavour and was crispy and sinfully good without being disgustingly oily.


While we were enjoying the crispy skin wrapped thin pancakes, the rest of the duck was used to fry this bowl of noodles.

Total came up to about $90. Kinda expensive, but expected for the area. If coming on a weekend, make sure to make a reservation before hand or you might end up waiting for a long time outside the door.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! What a strange type of food! Is it difficult to prepare it?
    I might try in my rent apartments Buenos Aires because I have a great kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter