Saturday, February 12, 2011

Spizza @ Club Street

I've been thinking about going to Italy for my vacation this year so I've been doing some reading up on the place and looking for recommendations on places to eat and this has given me a mad craving for pizza. And not just any pizza from a fast food chain, I was craving something more authentic, a pizza that was at least baked using a wood fired oven.

Just as I was thinking that, I received an email from InSing.com in my Inbox. A $30 value Spizza voucher for $15. Spooky or what! It's like they read my mind. Since the deal was not valid for delivery, we had to go down to the restaurant to use the voucher. The place was kind of a bitch to look for under the hot afternoon sun but I think it was worth the trouble.





We ordered large Franca (Tomato, Mozzarella, Porcini Mushrooms, Pancetta Bacon), and 2 drinks. The pizza was awesome, so wonderfully cheesy and I loved the mushrooms. They were not kidding when they said they only used the freshest ingredients. The drinks though, were horribly overpriced. $4.50 for soft drinks and fruit juice?! WAT. But I guess the same can be said of most restaurants. It just seems especially expensive here since it costs about a quarter of the price of a pizza that can be comfortably shared among 3 people. Oh well. After adding in service charge and GST, we only had to pay another $5 on top of the voucher.

Random. Later I got an earl grey tea latte from Starbucks. It didn't taste much different from just a regular earl grey tea :/


Unnecessary picture. I'm just trying to get used to my camera, practice makes perfect right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter