Monday, October 1, 2012

My Top 10 Quotes from Breaking Bad



Recently got into watching Breaking Bad and I caught up on all 5 seasons in like a week, the whole show is super intense, I couldn't stop watching. It was awesome watching the transformation of Walter White.

In S1, he was a seemingly mild-mannered, overqualified high school chemistry teacher who had to work 2 jobs just to support his family. Then he's diagnosed with an inoperable lung cancer and told he probably doesn't have long to live, so he makes the decision to turn to crime to make as much money as possible to secure his family's financial future before he dies. He spots an ex-student of his, Jesse Pinkman, while tagging along for a meth lab drug bust and pretty much blackmails him into working with him since while he has the technical know-how to make the purest meth, he doesn't know how to sell it.

Well, he has come a long way since then. While S1 Walt agonized for a long ass time (even making a list of reasons for and against) whether or not to kill Krazy 8, S5 Walt would kill someone in a heartbeat and dissolve their bodies in a tub of acid if he even thought that person was a threat to him, his family or his meth empire. Yes, empire. In S1, he was cooking crystal in an RV and selling it to a distributor. Between his medical bills and the trouble they had to buy their way out of, he wasn't exactly making bank. Now, he has his own empire, he's the cook and the distributor and he has a storage space filled waist-high with money. Also, he's a real badass.

Part of why the show is so awesome is the excellent writing. It has great dialogue from the writers and the actors kill it every time with the line delivery. Bryan Cranston didn't win 3 consecutive Emmy awards for nothing.

Here's my top 10 favorite.

10. "Fuck you and your eyebrows!"


Walt quitting his second job.

9. 'Stay out of my territory.'




Loved the music in this scene.

8. "You're goddamn right."



S1 Walt would probably have been shaking in his boots.

7. "Yeah Mr White! Yeah science!" - Jesse after Walt comes up with a way to cook crystal without using cold medicine.



6. "..., bitch!" Jesse makes any line 10X more awesome by adding 'bitch' to the end of the sentence.



5.

"Of course I do. Skyler, you've read the statistics. These doctors...talking about surviving. One year, two years, like it's the only thing that matters. But what good is it, to just survive if I am too sick to work, to enjoy a meal, to make love? For what time I have left, I want to live in my own house. I want to sleep in my own bed. I don't wanna choke down 30 or 40 pills every single day, lose my hair, and lie around too tired to get up...and so nauseated that I can't even move my head. And you cleaning up after me? Me, with...some dead man, some artificially alive...just marking time? No. No. And that's how you would remember me. That's the worst part. So...that is my thought process, Skyler. I'm sorry. I just...I choose not to do it."

-Walt on why he didn't want to go for chemotherapy.

4.

"I am not turning down the money! I'm turning down you! You get it?! I want nothing to do with you! Ever since I met you, everything I ever cared about is gone! Ruined, turned to shit, dead, ever since I hooked up with the great Heisenberg! I have never been more alone! I have NOTHING! NO ONE! ALRIGHT, IT'S ALL GONE, GET IT? No, no, no, why...why would you get it? What do you even care, as long as you get what you want, right? You don't give a shit about me! You said I was no good. I'm nothing! Why would you want me, huh? You said my meth is inferior, right? Right? Hey! You said my cook was GARBAGE! Hey, screw you, man! Screw you!"

-Jesse to Walt.

To which Walt only says "Your meth is good, Jesse. As good as mine." And it was enough to convince Jesse to get back to cooking with him.

Someone on YT has made a beautiful video for this, Jesse really needs to get away from Walt's manipulative ass.



3. "The money, Skyler, where is the rest? Skyler? WHERE IS THE MONEY?!"

- Walt knows Gus is going to kill him and goes to get the money hidden under the house so he can disappear with his family, only to find that his wife Skyler has given the money to her lover, Ted Beneke.


This entire scene has got to be one of the best in television history. I guess that is also why Bryan Cranston submitted this episode for the Emmys. Can't believe he didn't win, kinda sad considering S4 was probably the best season yet. But I haven't seen Homeland so I can't exactly judge.

2.

"Who are you talking to right now? Who is it you think you see? Do you know how much I make a year? I mean, even if I told you, you wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to stop going into work? A business big enough that it could be listed on the NASDAQ goes belly up. Disappears! It ceases to exist without me. No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!"


I love this whole line and Bryan Cranston brings it with the delivery, as usual. I never get tired of watching this scene.

1. "I fucked Ted."

- Skyler breaks the news of her affair to Walt. Angered by Walt's betrayal, Skyler fucks her boss, Ted, in retaliation.

This line was so great the whole episode was named after it - "IFT".

Also, this comment on 4chan made me laugh.

Skyler the 4chan user:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter