Monday, October 1, 2012

It's hard out here for a 'fat' person.

 

I have had it with the fat jokes.

One day I woke up at like 12 pm and decided to have a bowl oatmeal. My 9-year-old cousin happened to be in my house.

Cousin: Is that your breakfast or lunch?
Me: It's both; brunch.
Cousin: You eat so little? But how come you're still so...
Me: *snaps* So what? Finish that sentence.
Cousin: Um.... so not skinny. I mean, you are not fat lah, but why you are not more like small jie jie (my sister, who is like a size 0).

And then another time when we were walking my dog at the park. There's this part of the park where they have some exercise equipment for the public and he kept asking me to do it with him. I didn't want to cause I'm a germaphobe and didn't want to touch something that other people's sweaty hands had touched, especially not if there was no place to wash my hands after nearby. But I didn't feel like explaining it to a 9 y/o.

Me: It's ok, I've already worked out today.
Cousin: Really? You look kind of big.
Me: Excuse me? This is all muscle.
Cousin: Are you sure? I saw your B shaking.

Wow I so do not know what 'B' he was referring to or why he was looking at it.

My BMI is like 21.2, is that what passes for 'fat' these days?! I mean, I am not thin by any stretch of the imagination and do have some flabby bits, but fat? idts.

ANYWAYS I read this on Reddit's fitness board:

" While exercise is certainly a large component of fitness, it is a smaller component of weight-loss itself. For instance, running a mile will burn around a hundred calories, which is less than the caloric content of two oreos. Which is easier: running a mile or not eating two oreos?"

Well, when you put it like that...

Ok, I'm off to not eat 2 Oreos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter