Thursday, October 6, 2011

Coco Ichibanya

I was really excited when I read that Coco Ichibanya had opened an outlet in Singapore. I wanted to try it when I was in Japan but somehow I didn't pass by any of the many branches they have there! The funny thing is I couldn't find it although I was keeping a lookout for it over in Japan but I passed by one while just randomly strolling in Myeongdong in Seoul at night, go figure.

The place was packed and there was a line outside when we went at lunch time on Tuesday, probably due to the 30% discount opening special, but we didn't have to wait long thanks to the efficient staff. One guy in particularly was running around, taking orders, serving the customers and speedily clearing the tables once the customers had left so the next group could go in, I was impressed.

Place was quite small with limited seating, but pretty sure they will open new branches soon given the response :D


Cream Mushroom Omelette ($13). You can't choose the level of spiciness for this dish but it was just as well, any spicier and it might not have been as good. The cream on top of the mushrooms just complemented the omelette and the curry so well, I couldn't get enough of this dish, absolutely delicious.



Pork Cutlet Curry with Cheese ($14): As a cheese lover, I was looking forward to trying out the curry with cheese but I didn't like this. It was a bit too salty for my tastes, and the pork cutlet tasted kinda bland and tough in comparison. It wasn't too bad, but not something I would order again.

We only tried Level 1 spiciness, but already it was a little spicy for me lol, I would compare it the McSpicy level of spiciness. Both tables beside me had Level 5, but they didn't seem to have any trouble finishing.

For $2.50, you can add 2 sides to your meal, we chose a Iced Milk Tea and an ice cream.




Ice cream was pretty good actually, not the typical cheap stuff, topped with bits of fruit and a wafer, it was a nice way to end the meal.




After discount, we paid $28 for our meal. The 30% discount period is over but there'll be a 10% discount till November iirc, so I'll definitely be back for more curry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter