Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tori King @ 100 am Amara Hotel


Opening hours
Menu


At first I thought that this ramen place was just another branch of the one at Orchid Hotel. We wanted to dine at this place since it was a pretty hot day and we thought that at least this branch would have air conditioning, seeing as it is in a shopping centre.

But turns out that although the restaurant is also owned by Keisuke Takada, it specializes in chicken based ramen with a broth made from chicken parts and vegetables. That's why this outlet is called TORI King and the other one is TONKOTSU King. Like duh, Becca. Can't believe I only realized it there.

Like Tonkotsu King, they have a pretty standard menu (ramen with a chicken drumstick) but you get to choose the soup base - chicken broth, black spicy (black pepper) or green spicy (wasabi).

I actually liked this one better than the Tonkatsu cos you get both a chicken drumstick and a slice of pork. I never finish the broth served with ramen, my bowl usually still looks pretty full when I'm done, but not this time. I finished nearly the whole content. It was that good. I did hear several people commenting that it was too salty though, so ymmv.

According to a sign on the table, the ramen is high in collagen so you will wake up the next day with beautiful skin. Even more reason to have it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter