Monday, September 12, 2011

Stupid People Make Me So Mad!



So my dad is a cabbie on Sundays and yesterday he was involved in a minor accident. This woman in her 40s didn't look before alighting my dad's cab and the car door was hit by an oncoming vehicle that was not expecting someone to do something as retarded as alighting into the way of traffic, she is lucky the car didn't hit her. The door was ruined so ofc my dad couldn't continue picking up passengers so he had to stop work for the day (no passengers = no money. Barely made enough to cover rent of the cab + fuel) The woman offered to compensate so my dad took down her contact details and left it at that.

As the cab company's office is closed on Sunday, so my dad had to wait till today to go all the way down to Loyang to give his statement about the accident and handle all the admin work and bring the cab for repairs. Luckily (finally, a silver lining), he did not have to pay for the repairs. After all this, he had to rush back to work at his regular job, he ended up finishing work even later than usual.

Since the woman had suggested compensating, my dad tried to call her 5 times but she would not pick up. I helped my dad send her an SMS politely requesting for compensation of $100 (my dad makes an average of more than that) and asking her to give him a call so they could discuss the amount and she immediately replied that she had to check with her husband first. But soon after, she sent another SMS.

"My husband already inform Comfort and I will inform him that u msg. If he gets angry, I do not know what he will do. Thank u and please don't msg me again. If I need to pay then get Comfort to write to me."

Ok srsly WTF?! It's not as if we were blackmailing her. Yes, she was not legally obliged to pay my dad but he was only seeking compensation as she was the one who brought it up in the first place! He had only hoped that she would, out of the goodness of her heart, pay for earnings he would have otherwise made and the trouble caused for having to make repairs. If she did not want to do so, fine, he would just write it off as bad luck and that would be the end of the matter, but wtf was "If he gets angry, I do not know what he will do." (is that a threat? her husband is the Hulk?) and "please don't msg me again", as if she had been harassed with numerous SMS. In total, only 3 were sent, 1 asking for a call back, 1 thanking her for her reply and 1 replying to the last SMS (yes I had to get the final word).

This whole mess was solely caused by sheer stupidity on her part, the least she could do was pick up the phone and just say sorry for the trouble caused, but she did not want to compensate my dad anymore and not act as if she was a poor little victim being harassed by the greedy taxi driver. Judging by how quickly she replied to those messages, she sure as hell heard those missed calls.

I am just glad my dad did not have to pay for the repairs as well, cos if she reacts like this to a request for $100, imagine how she would react if she found out she had to pay $1000.

Disclaimer: These views in this post are my own, nothing to do with my dad, if that lady (trying to be nice here...) or Comfort, somehow finds this post...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter