Saturday, September 10, 2011

East Ocean Teochew Restaurant


Had a rare weekend off and decided to have brunch at my favorite (hey, LKY says must use American English sial) dim sum restaurant! I used to come here all the time but my job requires me to work weekends now so I really missed coming to this place.


Appetizer: Squid fritters.

Great to snack on while waiting for the other dim sum to arrive...


Har Kau, lol I watched a video where Gordon Ramsay was learning to make them and the way he pronounced it was hilarious tbh.

A must order for me, the prawns are so crunchy! I recently learned that to make the prawns crunchy they have to rinse the shrimp under cold running water for hours (!!!) or marinate with egg white tapioca starch and baking soda.


Mango Prawns. Tastes great with the mayo!
BBQ Pork Bo Lo Bun

Yum I absolutely love these, the sweet pastry on top and the savory BBQ pork inside, it has everything I love.




And of course, the egg tarts! Another must order for me. It takes forever to come, but it is worth the wait, always. Pastry is fluffy and buttery and the filling just melts in your mouth. When it is served fresh out of the oven, god, it's so good it makes my eyes roll back.

Seriously, this is a great restaurant and the first place I think of when I'm craving for dim sum, there's a wide variety and consistently good, I've never had a bad experience there. Also, it feels very authentic, the place is always packed and noisy, families or friends gathering and chatting loudly, and the servers walking around with trays and shouting out the name of the dim sum, sometimes in Cantonese, it reminds me of the dim sum restaurants in Hong Kong. Don't know why I never see it in lists for best dim sum in Singapore but it certainly is the best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter