Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 3 - Lotte World

On the third day, we spent the whole day in Lotte World. It took about 20 minutes to reach Jamsil Station from Myeongdong. There was a pretty long queue to get the tickets even though we were there on a Wednesday. About 90% of the visitors there were Korean and most of them were young couples. My mum felt like the oldest person there that day. For some reason, I was charged ₩24,000 for the tickets. On the board it was stated that one-day passports cost ₩38,000 each. But the person at the counter did not speak English and I'm not one to argue with a good thing so I happily charged towards the entrance with ticket in hand.


Pictures were taken around sunset, when we were about to leave the park.
On board the Geneva Cruise Line.
One of my fave rides: Gyro Drop! I used to be a major wimp but I fell in love with this type of rides after trying Disneyland's Tower Of Terror.

Indoor theme park and ice skating rink.

Upon entering, I was a little underwhelmed, the place seemed a bit small and facilities looked kinda old. I had imagined it to be brighter and more cheery looking. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this place, especially if you only have a limited amount of time to spend in Seoul.

Some rides that I loved were Gyro Drop (no queue at all! I guess not many people dare to try this ride? But you get to enjoy a great view of the park while waiting for the inevitable drop from the top), Gyro Swing (had to queue about 15 minutes each time but it was definitely one of the best rides!) and Atlantic Adventure (cool ride but there was a super long queue for this, about 30 minutes).

The worst ride was undoubtedly The French Revolution. It looked super fun when we saw it racing around the park and there was a super long queue for it so we thought that it had to be good. But it was absolutely terrible and I couldn't wait for it to be over once it had began. The harness was right at the side of my face and my ears bumped against it painfully throughout the ride and my earring fell out, luckily I didn't lose it. They really should have a warning against wearing earrings on this ride. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way, many people were rubbing their ears after getting off the ride.


Dumplings at a small Chinese restaurant for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter