Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 2: Kichijoji + Shibuya (Satou Steakhouse & Choco Cro)

Today was to be the day we were going to have some top grade Japanese beef. We headed for our destination right away and were at Satou Steakhouse at 11am, just as they opened.

We were just outside looking at this, wondering what to order when the guy came down the steps from the restaurant upstairs to flip over the Closed sign.
Once inside, we were handed a menu and the guy immediately pointed out a ¥10,000 set, saying 'Japanese #1 beef'. It was really expensive for a meal but we had come all the way for the beef so we had to order that. But we just ordered one set and the Special Set from the Lunch Menu. We were the first customers for the day so the guy came back almost immediately with this and encouraged us to take a photo of it, which was really thoughtful of him cos I totally forgot lol.


The chef working. Ok I look deranged at the side, I was having a bad hair day... sigh.
A pretty salad.
First up, the Special Steak. It's good, with a nice beefy aroma.
The moment we had been waiting for... Japanese #1 Beef!! DUHN DUHN DUHN DUHN

the 2 steaks, side by side.

 Ok the special steak can't compare to this at all. It's like comparing an Oreo cookie to a macaron. The ¥8000 price difference is totally justified. It had just the right amount of fat and literally melts in your mouth. It didn't have much of a beefy aroma. I read somewhere while researching someone comparing it to foie gras and they are spot on. It did have the texture of foie gras, slightly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.

After lunch we shopped around Kichijoji, the stuff was a little cheaper than central Tokyo. Truthfully, I feel there wasn't that much to buy this time round cos most of the clothes available was winter wear or ~*~Winter Girl~*~ Collection as they called it and we have summer all year round here. Sigh, really wish we had 4 seasons in Singapore as well.

Stopped for a bite at Choco Cro before going to Shibuya.

Iced pudding drink. LOL I'm not sure what it's called, the menu was all in Japanese!
Chocolate crossiants! They heated it up before giving it to me, it was divine!
Next stop Shibuya! It was just as I remembered it, except this time the shop assistants were a little more pushy and would keep trying to get you to buy things. Like I'd look at something and someone would appear beside me and say 'aaaah kawaii!!!' or 'lovely'. The last time I went they mostly didn't talk to me all that much. And nearly all the shops sold clothes in one size only, weird or what! Luckily I could manage to squeeze into most of them otherwise I would really have nothing to buy. But one thing I liked was while I was trying on clothes the sales girl would go get some similar items to show me and ask if I wanted to try them on as well.

Loot for the day. Oops, went a little crazy. Had to go back to the hotel to put everything down before going out again.
My fave buy: a necklace from ete. ¥12,600 I like that the chain is made of little hearts.

Matcha Latte from the convenience store.
Walked to Isetan using the underground just to get this. Ever since i had those Henri Le Roux's CBS caramels in Paris, I can't get them out of my mind.
Yes, the gigantic Sadaharu Aoki only had one eclair in it. It was the only one they had left when I got there. Even though I was stuffed after eating the instant noodles with potato croquettes, I still had room for one eclair hehe.
We had an early night in since we had to get up early to catch the train to Hakone the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter