Saturday, September 4, 2010

Marmalade Pantry @ ION

Yet another day as a tai tai wannabe... this time at ION's Marmalade Pantry!


I wanted to try Nutella but it was sold out! Had the Elvis (chocolate banana cake with peanut butter frosting) recommended by the staff instead.
My mum's Geisha (buttermilk and pandan cupcake with green tea and coconut filling).
sugar for the tea, love the presentation.

the rest of the set
The set was pretty filling, we had a hard time finishing the entire thing despite not having anything for lunch prior to this.


The cupcakes weren't as wonderful as everyone seems to make them out to be. The cake wasn't moist enough. It was also a little stiff, probably from sitting out there for a long time. The frosting for the cupcakes were really good tho, just the right sweetness.

The rest of the set was quite average, nothing much to rave about, but I did enjoy the egg and cress sandwich! Will probably try and recreate it at home heh heh.

Overall, I think TWG's Celebration Tea Set ($29) just one level down is much more worth it. I mean, they have foie gras and salmon sandwiches! But Marmalade Pantry is better for having a chat over tea as they have much more space and you don't really have to worry about the people waiting for tables giving you the evil eye. It was also a nice place to people watch. I saw a girl with a Hermes Birkin in the most beautiful shade of green *drool*

Walking around Orchard later, trying to digest the food we had just eaten, we spotted a huge crowd outside Tod's at Ngee Ann City. Everyone had their cameras pointed at someone.  Being a typical Singaporean, I went over to see what the fuss was all about.
 
It was Louis Koo! This is a great pic, I'm so proud of it lol.

Bought something to use at the gym...
 
FC Barcelona's Training Top! SGD$65
I was just thinking of ordering from the website! & I'm glad I didn't... how come it retails for EUR45 on the official website?! It's more expensive and then you have to add $$$ for shipping! It's usually the other way round. And I'm pretty sure the one I bought isn't a fake, got from at Wisma's Nike store. Maybe cos it's made in Thailand? idk idk. 

Also, I find it pretty amusing that Cesc is following a fake Casillas account on Twitter, he's such a ditz! The trilingual tweeting is adorable tho.

1 comment:

  1. Louis Koo has never looked better!

    I've to say that I find Marmalade Pantry rather overrated.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter