Monday, August 23, 2010

Ladurée Tea Salon @ Champs Elysées



One cold May evening, after spending the whole day roaming around Paris, we decided to rest our tired feet and fill our growling tummies in the famous Ladurée.

In the restaurant:

nice lamp

i love french bread!
Hot chocolate! Just the right thing for the weather. It was super rich so I couldn't finish the extra piece of chocolate so I stashed it in my purse. I forgot all about it till it fell out of my purse a week after I returned to SG. Miraculously, it didn't melt! That's some good chocolate...

my omelette ladurée. it was good, but not spectacular.
sandwiches for rachel.
I didn't get a photo of my mum's dinner, she was too hungry and dug in before I could take a photo -_-"
I did get a picture of dessert, though!

Almost too beautiful to eat. Almost. It tastes even better than it looks. The rose flavor was strong but not overpowering. Too bad we didn't have room in our tummies to try out more of the desserts.

The ispahan wowed us so much, we decided to go back and try more the next day. But this time we didn't dine in the restaurant, we brought the goodies over to Starbucks opposite (blasphemy, I know).

the famous macarons!!


Saint-Honoré Rose-Framboise aka HEAVEN! Seriously, the cream is so light and the pastry had just the right texture. Everything about this is perfect!
I'd definitely recommend visiting when you're in Paris, just maybe not for dinner. Next time I'm in Paris, I'll be sure to go there for afternoon tea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Site Meter